Cord Cutting: Every contact we have with someone, particularly when it is emotionally charged, and very strongly so if it is sexually charged – forges a cording of energy between two people.
These can become very strongly entrenched in our energy bodies and subsequently, our physical bodies. Periodically cutting cords is important, especially when we feel we are thinking of the person too frequently. Mentally looping incessantly, whether at our own urging or the other person’s, will leave us distracted or tired.
Energetic cords can and will drain us. However, experiencing emotions or thoughts that feel mildly foreign to us, or generally stuck or held back in life – is a healthy, regular spiritual practice to employ when are cord cutting.
It is an energetic fact that cords are created between people in relationship. This includes nuclear families, friends that we are close to, co-workers and lovers. Having empathy for someone without discharging the other person’s energy, can create cording to us.
Healers must be extra careful and vigilant because cording can occur with clients if you aren’t aware.
It’s less about cutting the cords than letting go of the proverbial tug-of-war rope. Releasing. Laying it down. So if the instructions for severing of these cords feels harsh to you – consider the laying down, releasing any taught-ness to these cords as might occur if you laid down a rope that you’d been pulling on.
Instructions for cord cutting:
• Get into a calm, clear space as if you are going to meditate.
• Reduce distractions for the next 10 minutes
• Close your eyes (this helps you get into the alpha brain wave state more quickly where your subconscious gets to be affected in positive ways by this exercise)
• Breathe easily and rhythmically, slowing down your heart rate
• Call in Archangel Michael (he wields and mighty sword that is very effective in this process, see graphic above)
• Ask him to cut all cords of connection with either anyone draining your energy or a specific person.
• Breathe and relax while in your mind’s eye you watch him cut the cords.
• Pay attention to how your body feels and what area of your body feels affected by this – where you may feel tension, a release, relaxation, warmth, coolness, sharp pain, etc.
• When the process feels complete, then ask for healing and loving white light to be brought in to fill any cauterized cords or spaces left open by this process of cord cutting. If you saw cords being pulled out by their roots allow the white light to fill all of these spaces.
• Finally, see/feel your entire being begin to fill with white light and watch it extend beyond the lines of your physical body out into your aura. Mentally express gratitude and thanks and feel free to move about your day.