The process of awakening spiritually is rarely a linear one. For most it is a process that spans years if not decades. I speak and teach from both my personal experiences as well as those of the thousands that I’ve had the honor of working with, helping & supporting over the past decade. I aim here, to teach and norm some of what you may be experiencing yourselves.
When we awaken spiritually — we are evolving as humans and raising our vibration. We are growing more conscious as individuals and all of our bodies are affected (physical, emotional, mental, spiritual to name just a few of our many bodies). The process occurs for us to grow individually and also to align with more conscious collective energies as well.
Foremost – this process isn’t simple and looks as individual as we are. Any medical and psychological experiences are best dealt with by physicians & psychologists. Please don’t ever substitute spiritual guidance for professional help when warranted.
The following is a list (neither exhaustive nor comprehensive) of experiences that can occur during the spiritual awakening process:
- Sleep Pattern Changes — feeling exhausted even after ten hours of sleep or waking in the middle of the night for a few hours, disrupted circadian rhythms are common during spiritual awakening
- Dietary Changes — a desire to drop certain foods, aversions and cravings, feeling full quickly or ravenous at other times. A sudden sensitivity to caffeine? Losing a desire to consume alcohol? These are all common during spiritual awakening.
- Relationship Shifts — feeling more or less joy in relationships, suddenly feeling drawn to certain people and no longer desiring to spend time with others, desiring connection over shared experiences — yep. You are awakening spiritually.
- Perspective Shifts — you may begin to view not only people differently but your own views, ways of spending time, reasons for doing things in your life, motivations and truth. Your perspective is expanding with this process.
- Sensing Energy — you may become more sensitive to the energy of people places and things as you hadn’t before. Suddenly feeling anxious, feeling as though energy is pulsing through you, temperature shifts, tingling and buzzing sensations throughout your body, or feeling both the denseness of your body and lightness of your soul simultaneously. Our physical body is our best divining rod.
- Emotional Sensitivity — as we awaken and evolve, your emotional bodies are healing and growing. This can contribute to feeling things more deeply, having old wounds emerge to be healed in new ways, experiencing empathy for others more deeply and feeling more apathy. Feeling higher levels of joy and deeper flavors of sorrow can be common too.
- Psychic Skills coming on-line — we all have a pineal gland in our brains that is comprised of rod and cone cells (just like our eyes) — making it a literal, third eye in our brains. How these psychic skills awaken is individual. This aspect of the spiritual awakening process can include changes with your dreams, seeing more orbs and flashes of light, hearing phrases and (positive) directions in the back of your head much like an earworm, sensing people’s thoughts before they speak, sensing what is about to happen, etc.
- Time Slips — you may lose time, feel as though time is speeding up or slowing down.
- Attention Shifts — you may feel as though your attention is fractured across many dimensions. It likely is. As we expand in our awakening, we are learning to expand out of this dimension and into many others, simultaneously. Lack of focus and hyper-focus can occur in this area too.
- Ear Business — you may experience tinnitus, ear itching & congestion, tones, sound sensitivity and the like. As we awaken spiritually, so do our chakras including our ear chakras.
- Eye Business — flashes of light, orbs, metallic looking objects, increased color vibrancy, more vivid visions both in daily life and dreamstates — these all can be common during your awakening. You may begin to see spirit in many forms or may see more in your mind’s eye during meditation.
- Sign & Synchronicities — Seeing and making connections between various signs and synchronicities, realizing how connected these are to your life and experiences, understanding that the Universe is co-creating with you through these signs & synchs is a hallmark of spiritual awakening. Repeating number sequences is a part of this also.
- Sudden Desire for Change — you may decide to get healthier, start exercising, feel drawn to new areas of learning and study, desire to be in nature more, begin practicing meditation or yoga, desiring to create an altar or pray, or feel impelled to create and express.
- What feels Satisfying changes — you may suddenly lose interest in TV, politics, news, materialism, etc. Don’t be surprised if that five year plan gets aborted for a new one or you feel called to be of service over getting that promotion. Remember that you are awakening and your sources of satisfaction will too.
- Existential Wrestles — questioning everything is inherent in this process. Including why we are here, how we can and do contribute and what it all means in the cosmic scheme of things. You may suddenly feel more connected to others and also disconnected from old ways of being.
Angela helps people to navigate their spiritual awakening processes through readings, energy healing facilitation and her psychic mentorship program. She’s helped thousands navigate their process since 2010. Email her with any questions here: email@example.com